Business Category: Patient Advocacy Health Services Coaching In Business Since: 2015
Number of Employees/Subcontractors: 1
Desired Market: Regional
Description: A patient advocate can help you navigate the healthcare system to insure that your needs are addressed, that you are communicating effectively with your healthcare team and that you are comfortable making treatment decisions.
Health Navigation of Central New York works with individuals in many ways to increase their confidence leading to better health experiences.
• Researching your diagnosis and treatment options
• Preparing you for appointments by helping to prioritize goals and questions
• Accompanying you to appointments to be a “second set of ears”
• Connecting you with resources and benefits
• Supporting you and your family members throughout your health journey
Profile: Carrie is a patient advocate with over 30 years of professional social work experience in medical social work and community mental health. She has worked in organizations providing patient education and support, treatment option research, education about clinical trials and patient advocacy. Her areas of expertise and interest include oncology, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and medical social work. Carrie knows the health care system as a patient, as a caregiver and as a professional. This personal journey informs her work and her passion for helping individuals gain a sense of control through their own healthcare journey